Reporting to: Commercial Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA a leading brand in the manufacture and supply of transformers. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and motivated person to join the Sales and Marketing Team. This role will be responsible for bringing in new business, maintaining existing clients, successfully converting leads and opportunities to successful orders.
Overview of responsibilities:
Develop and maintain healthy customer relationships to create a sustainable and profitable funnel of sales for the organization whilst creating long term partnerships with customers. Be the voice of the customer within the organization and vice versa to be the voice of organization externally. Ensure that the business remains current and relevant by transferring market information and knowledge to key insights that will inform business strategic direction and tactical plans.
- Deliver on the sales order income targets by converting leads/ opportunities into sales;
- Be the primary point of contact and build long term partnerships with clients;
- Maintain a healthy contribution margin for the business;
- Deliver an exceptional and memorable customer experience
- Maintain efficient sales business processes within the organization;
- Conduct market share studies on a regular basis and share with the organization;
- Be the company brand champion promoting the business reputation and capabilities Customer value chain and engagement plan mapping to strategically engage with key clients;
- Responsible for working with the organization to successfully onboard new clients;
- Report on a monthly basis the sales funnel in terms of leads, opportunities and pipeline of sales;
- Prepare management and other reports on set KPI’s at requested intervals;
- Maintain accurate and reliable data relative to partners, accounts and all sales related activities;
- Drive a culture of continuous feedback and feedforward together with project managers;
- Work with the Bid & Contract management team to ensure tenders are submitted with the highest quality and in time;
- Support the market intelligence department;
- Manage, develop, control and motivate the sales force to continuously build skills professionally and personally to achieve set targets and KPI’s;
- Drive a change culture within the organization to help see the importance of the client and be the voice of the client.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an appropriate field of study coupled with 5-8 years in a similar role in a heavy electrical/ high current engineering environment. Proven Account Management or other relevant experience will be added advantage.
Core competencies and proficiencies:
- Strong negotiating skills
- Business development and prospecting skills
- Resilience/ perseverance
- Team player
- Ability to build strong relationships with a customer focused approach
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literacy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Relationship management externally and internally
- Knowledge of MS office, SAP and CRM
Deadline:27 May 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9901/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.