Reporting to: Head of Sales
Department: Sales – Pretoria
The successful candidates will have to develop long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. Liaise between customers and cross functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and internal requirements. Manage and develop accounts to initiate and maintain favourable relationships with clients. To achieve and drive the OI target, GP% target and maintaining a healthy pipeline of tenders/bids with more than 50% probability. Manage and maintain a good relationship with customers and new customers before and during tender/bid award. Increase customer profitability and volume.
As an Engineering Company that is accelerating for further growth, we do not settle for “that’s good enough”, instead we go for “never been done before” with best possible results.
Financial Performance, Tender Compilation and Submission:
- Achieve OI Targets (Volume and Profitability).
- Market Prices Levels – ensure that you are aware and get market intelligence to guide SSPM bids and offers.
- Register SSPM as Supplier in customer databases for new and existing customers.
- Analyse market – current prices and competitors and give information to design.
- Planning: – use MS Projects to determine date milestones and preliminary production plan.
- Record enquiry in Tender Register.
- Update and maintain Tender Register.
- Prepare to attend Site Meetings/Tender briefings.
- Register Tenders with Engineering.
- Tender follow-ups.
- Read and be familiar with entire tender document, paying attention to special requirements, commercial terms, and conditions, etc. Complete tender checklist.
- Liaise with SSPM’s Legal Department and for Bid Bonds liaise with Access Bank.
- Determine margins and calculate tender selling prices based on market analysis and input received from other dept’s and service providers.
- Compile tenders if and when required.
- Submit signed tenders on time and arrange to attend tender opening if feasible/necessary.
- Compile visitation reports and capture tender information on SharePoint.
- Prepare Monthly Reports on tenders submitted and orders received, and any other Reports requested by management.
- Attend Sales Dept. meetings and relevant meetings called by other department.
- Attend training sessions, seminars and conferences organised internally or externally.
- Increase customer profitability.
- Maintain NPS rating (customer satisfaction) & manage the customer account (internal and external).
- Follow-up by any means necessary (telephone, email, visits etc.) on the outcome of the tender evaluation process after validity expiration.
- Attend promptly to any clarifications / queries / information sought by the customer subsequent to tender submission.
- Capture tender outcome, as well as reasons if, onto SharePoint.
Internal Processes and Contract / Order handling:
- Bids and Contract Efficiency / Accuracy (Responsive and Compliant bids).
- Market intelligence data and analysis.
- Business reporting.
- Acknowledge order and request approved technical schedules from customer.
- Prepare all documents specified in the handover checklist.
- Convene the project hand-over meeting and hand over the order to Projects Department.
- Participate in manning the company stand at exhibitions and shows.
- Invite customers to, and attend sporting functions at the various sporting arenas, when requested by management.
- Plan and conduct focused customer visits to key personnel for potential and existing clients, with a view to influencing orders and or specifications to favour the company.
- Invite existing and potential customers for factory tours at the company’s various production facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma: Electrical or Mechanical / Sales and Marketing or equivalent.
- 2 -3 years relevant experience in a similar role and in Heavy Electrical / High Current Engineering Environment. Proven Account Management or other relevant experience will be an added advantage.
Core Competencies and Proficiencies
- Management Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Prospecting Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Relationship Skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ethical conduct
- Team Player
- Computer literacy
Deadline: 26 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.