Department: Health, Safety and Quality Assurance
Position: SHE Administrator
Reporting to: SHEQ Manager
Plant: SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA CAPE TOWN
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking a suitably qualified energetic person in the role of SHE Administrator at its Distribution Transformers Plant in Epping, Cape Town.
- Processing of Accident forms, updating spreadsheets, follow up actions as required.
- Dealing with telephone queries, directing calls to the appropriate officer, taking messages, or dealing with the enquiry in a professional and efficient manner.
- Displaying SHE Announcements.
- Updating website portal as directed.
- Creating Toolbox talks.
- Assist with conducting Health, Safety & Environmental Training.
- Assist with course registration and issuing certificates as required.
- Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Updating daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly SHE statistics.
- Coordinate SHE training and meetings.
- Assist with safety meeting topics.
- Assist with legal compliance Audits, preparation for Audits.
- Compile Safety Files for Tenders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/Matric.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar environment (Engineering / Manufacturing)
- Computer Literacy.
- Ability to understand and apply government Regulations and Acts related to injuries on duty.
- Experience in the investigation of injuries.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Health and Safety Administrative principles and practices.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act (including the regulations).
- Communication Skills (advanced).
- Interpersonal Skills.
Deadline: 5 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Enquiries can be directed to the HR department on +27 21 505-3000.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.