Reporting to: General Manager
Operation: Cape Town Plant
Department: Supply Chain
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a Materials Management, Logistics or Supply Chain or Financial qualification, coupled with experience within a manufacturing environment based at the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town.
The ideal candidate will have a highly analytical mind and exceptional business acumen for negotiation, sourcing and procurement and will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the overall supply chain to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy and tactical tasks.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams.
- Determine key supply chain KPIs and manage process improvements.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions pro-actively.
- Develop the Supply Chain team on standard business processes and best practices.
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Build and maintain good alignment with the Supply Chain Manager in Pretoria and the Group Supply Chain team to strive for synergies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a management role in manufacturing companies.
- Outstanding organizational and management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of all levels of the supply chain process Inventory, Planning, Warehouse management.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills combined with extraordinary skills in leadership, analytics, strategic thinking, and commercial negotiations.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding organisational, time management abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assertiveness with strong interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 5 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Enquiries can be directed to the HR department on +27 21 505-3000.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.