Reporting to: SHEQ Manager
Plant: SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Cape Town Distribution
A career opportunity exists for a Test Team Lead at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant. The position entails leading the test bay team with respect to people management, test procedures, testing in line with the production plan testing plans/customer interaction, testing skills suitability, test equipment suitability, training, safety, industrial relations and test related administration reports, test database, leave, overtime and night shift. The candidate will be required to implement continuous improvement projects and add value in introducing and managing new business processes.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/Degree: Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2–3 years’ experience in a testboard environment
- Financial Performance
- Internal Processes
- People and Organizational orientated
- Professional Customer liaison
- Communication skills (written & Verbal)
- Critical and Problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Transformer test routine, temperature rise, sound, impulse and partial discharge
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literacy
Deadline: 13 February 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to Likhona.Mhlekwa@sgb-smit.group or firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505 3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.