SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified technical buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible to maintain a constant flow of materials to satisfy production needs and meet production plans.
- Purchasing of stock & consumable items;
- Purchasing of material for production;
- Initiate Cost savings measures;
- Maintain approved standard cost on computer system;
- Reacts to new approved price lists relating to price adjustments;
- Captures new approved costs on computer system;
- Maintaining supplier relationship;
- Sourcing of alterative suppliers;
- Receive invoices for variance, investigation, and approval;
- Investigate any stock outs which may occur;
- Daily checking of critical items in inventory;
- Monitor dead stock on a regular basis;
- Attend production queries.
- Prepare reports as may be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/Certificate in purchasing.
- Diploma in Purchasing.
- Minimum 3 year purchasing experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Negotiation skills.
- Communication skills (written & Verbal).
- Financial acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- People skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Verify physical inventory & update the SAP system.
- Be a team player.
Deadline: 12 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to the following email addresses email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.