Reporting to: Testing Team Leader
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified team player to join the Pretoria West team in the role of Test Technician Trainee. The person will be assisting the testing team in conducting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and diagnostic testing of power and industrial transformers and shunt reactors (units) and related components (bushings, protection current transformers).
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Assist in preparing units and related components, test equipment and the test setup for FAT and diagnostic testing
- Performing low voltage in-production testing of units and related components under guidance and supervision from test technicians
- Observe technicians perform low and high voltage FAT and diagnostic tests on units and related components
- Assist in the daily maintenance of test equipment and facility.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- N. Dip in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) or N3 + Trade Certificate (Electrical)
- Experience in high voltage equipment and work, transformer design, manufacturing, testing or commissioning would be advantageous
- Understanding of engineering drawings, specifically electrical circuit drawings
- Good written and spoken English abilities
- Basic MS Office skills
- Able to use electrical and mathematical simulation software
- Able to use electrical equipment
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Successful candidate must be prepared to work overtime as and when required
Deadline: 14 January 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.