Reporting to: Interim Production Supervisor
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a Trainee Winding Assembler in the Large Power Transformers Winding Assembly Department.
The Trainee will be trained on the job and integrated with skilled assemblers during the training period. The trainee will be required to assemble all types of coils and work within a team. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative as well as practicing good housekeeping standards. The trainee must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions. The successful trainee must work shifts and overtime as and when required and complete assigned activities on time.
- Assembly of all types of windings;
- Reading and interpretation of technical drawings;
- Operate Oweld machines for CTC burning;
- Pressing of coils using hydraulic presses;
- Fitment of regulator harnesses and bending of harness exits
- Grade 12 or N3 certificate;
- Previous experience in a transformer manufacturing environment specifically in winding assembly
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience
- Ability to read and interpret drawings;
- Knowledge of all aspects of hand tools;
- Results driven
- Value adding mind-set
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function as part of a team
Deadline: 25 September 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no: (012) 318 9973.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.