Reporting to: Export and Contracts Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified TRANSPORT CO-ORDINATOR in their Exports and Contracts Department at the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The candidate will be required to plan deliveries, inform customers on collections, obtain quotes for transport, prepare shipment documents, assess suitability of collection vehicles, oversee loading of products onto transport and the securing thereof. Also included the successful candidate will be required to control stock. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 2 years’ experience in a logistics environment
- Certificate or diploma would be advantageous
- Must have a forklift and crane operating licence
- Must be willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Knowledge of logistics
- Previous experience in the loading of cargo will be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of logistics and forklift/crane operation
- Accountability and Results driven
- Value adding mind-set
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Be able to work additional hours and on weekends
Deadline: 28 October 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.