SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Cape Town – Contracts Department
Reporting to: Manager: Exports and Contracts
The successful candidate must be able plan deliveries, inform customers that their products are ready for collection, obtain quotes for transport, prepare shipment documents, assess suitability of vehicles collecting products, oversee loading of products onto transport vehicles and ensure they are correctly tied down, control stock in the finished goods warehouse.
- Coordinate the dispatching of goods.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of goods from the company.
- Ensure proper customer service with clients at all time.
- Ensure problems are escalated if corrective measures outside your control is noted or perceived.
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime when and if required.
- Matric/Grade 12
- Certificate /Diploma in Logistics (Advantage)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a logistic environment.
- Forklift/ overhead crane driver’s license.
- Read, understand and speak English and Afrikaans.
Special skills and abilities required:
- Able to work under pressure
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of logistics
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Deadline: 3 September 2020
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Luzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: (021) 505 3000.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.