Reporting to: Foreman
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified welder. The candidate will be responsible for welding tanks, covers, pipes and auxiliary parts using SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW and SAW methods. Adherance to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions. Additionally, the candidate must be able to read and interpret drawings, practice good housekeeping standards at all times, complete assigned activities on time and be prepared to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Grade 12/N3;
- Qualified Welder with red seal trade;
- A minimum of 1 year‘s experience working in a similar environment;
- Ability to read and Interpret drawings;
- Ability to weld according to the submerged-arc process would be an added advantage;
- Ability to do physical work;
- Results driven
- Value adding mind-set
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime as and when required;
Deadline: 25 September 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no: (012) 318 9973.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.