Reporting to: Production Foreman
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified welder.The candidate must adhere to the Health and Safety Act, work according to the company quality standards, follow procedures and instructions. The candidate will be responsible for welding tanks,main covers, pipes and auxiliary parts using SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW and SAW methods. It is essential that the candidates practices good housekeeping standards at all times, complete assigned activities timeously.
Personal Specification and Requirements:
- Grade 12/N3;
- Qualified Welder with red seal trade;
- 1 year‘s experience working in a similar environment;
- Must be able to read and Interpret drawings;
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime as and when required;
- Ability to weld submerge arc would be an added advantage;
- Ability to do physical work;
- Great team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Deadline: 7 July 2020
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9973/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.