Reporting to: Production Team Leader
Department: Fabrication – Distribution Transformers Plant – Cape Town
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for suitably qualified welders. The candidates will be responsible for the welding of steel components related to a transformer tank. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidates must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/N3 or Equivalent
- Qualified Artisan- Welder
- Minimum of 5 Year Experience, transformer industry will be an added advantage
- Have an excellent understanding of manual tools, electrical equipment, and welding equipment.
- Has the capacity to read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
- Exceptional focus on the details.
- Quality objectives within own section
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards
- Implement best practices in work area
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime when required
- Must be willing to work in different areas not restricted to one area
- Weld pipes, beams, and small and large pieces of metal pipework.
- Use specialist equipment for industrial welding and keep an eye on equipment that does the same thing.
- Maintain and fix all equipment.
- Examine welded components, structures, and surfaces to look for mistakes.
- Enforce strict safety rules, such as the use of safety shoes, masks, and gloves that can withstand heat.
- Keep an eye on the temperature and proper use of the apparatus.
- Can weld horizontally, vertically down, and flat.
Deadline: 9 November 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.