A career opportunity exists for a Welding Inspector within the Quality Department based at the Cape Town Distribution Transformer factory.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for Production welding, interpret welding drawings, oversee and ensure that the quality of workmanship is as per client specifications.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of inspection activities with minimum supervision
- Maintain project Welding Quality Control documentation
- Ensuring pressure testing procedures are adhered to
- Making sure all welding equipment is maintained and calibrated at predetermined intervals
- Perform inspections as defined in production quality plan
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric / Grade 12
- International Inspector certification (advantageous)
- Welding Trade Certificate
- 4 Years’ experience as a Welding Inspector.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of MMA, MIG welding processes
- Understanding of non-destructive testing (Penetrant Testing and Magnetic Particle inspection)
- TIG welding can be advantageous.
Deadline: 14 March 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or Camelita.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Telephone no: (021) 505 3000
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance. Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the Company’s employment equity and succession plan principles.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.