Reporting to: Acting Production Foreman
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking a qualified Transformer Winder.The candidate will be responsible for manufacturing of power transformer windings, loading and offloading of winding and copper drums. Assist on complex windings. Adherance to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions as well as work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Ensure material supplied is as per design tolerances.
- Prepare winding mandrel and load conductor pay-off stand.
- Read, interpret and understand all winding drawing types and winding slips.
- Finish off and supply windings to transformer assembly with all sigma card hold points signed off during manufacturing.
- 2-4 years in transformer winding manufacturing or assembly or fabrication.
- Read and understand English.
- Be competent on all four types of transformer windings.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane or forklift truck.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Self driven.
- Results and target driven.
- Value adding mind-set.
- Team player.
- Excellent attention to detail .
- Ability to perform heavy physical work.
Deadline: 7 February 2020
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9973/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.