SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is a leading transformer manufacturer, part of the global SGB-SMIT Group. The company manufactures transformers from 16kVA to 800MVA and up to 420kV. The company has a vacancy for a disciplined, structured and self-driven person within the Pretoria Production team as a Production Team Leader (TL) overseeing the Windings manufacture and Assembly section in a shift-based operation.
The production TL will report to the Production Section Head and is responsible to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in the winding section. The primary responsibility is to ensure that the production plan output for the windings section is achieved safely, on time and at the right quality standards (first time right). This entails the efficient and effective planning and execution of the department activities to ensure targets and goals are achieved in a safe manner.
- Plan, organise, manage (supervise) and control work performed by the team – people, materials and other resources
- Ensure the team manning and materials are adequate and available as per production plan to meet production targets.
- Supervise, lead and develop the team engaged in winding manufacture and assembly to ensure suitable competencies and resources for continuous production to achieve production targets (quality and throughput) at all times, including training
- Directs workers or participates in adjusting machines or equipment.
- Ensure clear and timeous communication to direct production team and all supporting departments (quality, HSE, supply chain, engineering, etc.)
- Perform continuous roaming inspections on production floor to inspect finished or in process parts, visually or using electrical test equipment to determine conformance to specifications and oversee operators performing activities according to method provisions,
work instructions and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to quality and HSE standards and policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/Matric with a post graduate qualification (degree or diploma), preferably within the science and engineering or production fields of study.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in transformer manufacturing winding.
- Direct experience of transformer winding manufacture with knowledge and experience of test methods and specifications, and quality standards.
- Ability and skill to read and interpret drawings and quality requirements.
- A structured and disciplined person with ability and skills to lead a team of people.
- Must be a team player and can communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and work shifts.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable, honest, and portray a positive attitude with a willingness for continuous learning
Deadline: 28 October 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.